Yuengling Shamrock Marathon Information
The Yuengling Shamrock Marathon is the oldest continuously running road race in Virginia Beach! The marathon course takes you south from the Virginia Beach resort area across Rudee Inlet--the gateway to the Atlantic Ocean--and through stately neighborhoods and the Camp Pendleton military base before returning north along the oceanfront and past more welcoming residential areas. It then traverses tree-lined Shore Drive adjacent to First Landing State Park on its way to Joint Expeditionary Base, Ft. Story. In Ft. Story participants will pass by the site where John Smith, Christopher Newport, John Rolfe adn the other Jamestown colonists first landed in America in 1607, and by Cape Henry light house--the oldest standing light house in the United States. The course then heads south again for a finish on the world famous Virginia Beach boardwalk, just past the majestic figure of King Neptune, and with the beautiful Atlantic Ocean as a backdrop. The marathon course is flat and fast and the perfect place for a PR (personal record).
Yuengling Shamrock Marathon course map--Course Certification No: VA07035RT
Click here for a marathon course preview video
Water and lemon-lime flavored gatorade will be located at each hydration station. They will be located approximately every 1.5 miles along the course. Carb-boom energy gels will be located at miles 13 and 19 on the marathon course.
Marathon Quick Facts
- The 2014 marathon is a 2015 Boston Marathon Qualifer
- You must be at least 16 years old on race day to participate in the marathon
- The course time limit is 7 hours (16:02 per mile pace)
- The marathon starts at 8:30 am on Sunday March 16, 2014 at 31st street and Atlantic Avenue
- The participant limit is 4,000 runners
- If you are 16 or older, you must have your ID to pick up your race number - NO EXCEPTIONS. If you are picking up race numbers for others, you must have your ID, a note from the person you are picking up for authorizing you to pick up their packet and a copy of their ID - NO EXCEPTIONS.